Our Sponge-Jet technology is a waterless, low-dust, low-ricochet, and recyclable process. It suppresses fugitive emissions
and rebound that can lead to
costly interruptions and dangerous workplace conditions.
From delicate cleaning without profiling, to selective coating removal, to aggressive profiling of industrial substrates, our Sponge-Jet system offers a wide range of surface-cleaning preparation solutions and benefits.
Advantages of Waterless Sponge Blasting Safety
• No slippery, wet floors or electrical cords lying in water
• Reduced worker exposure and fatigue
• No contaminated water to process
• No cost for disposing contaminated water
• Less waste disposal and material
• Coatings perform longer, saving maintenance costs
Quality and Efficiency
• Increased work production during shutdown
• Other trades can work nearby
• Less downtime means improved asset availability
• Fewer defects and rework keep projects on schedule
• Easier staging, containment, ventilation, and cleanup
• Enhanced visibility and first-pass quality
• Greater production and efficiency
• Improved environmental and corporate efficiency
• Increased profits and production
How does the Sponge-Jet system work?
• A patented technology combines the containment capability of the urethane sponge with the cleaning and cutting power of conventional abrasives.
• The pliant nature of sponge media abrasives makes particles flatten on impact and become exposed to the cleaning agent.
• After leaving the surface, the media expands, which creates a vacuum; this entraps most of what would have become airborne contaminants. We call this Sponge Media’s MicroContainment.